Pyongyang International Cultural Exchange Society
1. Purpose and Characteristics
The Pyongyang International Cultural Exchange Society (PICES) was established in Pyongyang on the 18th October, 2017 with the purpose of contributing to the development of the culture of mankind and the building of a just and peaceful new world by way of publicizing abroad the long history, culture and tradition of Korea and developing the cultural exchange and cooperation with foreign organizations and individuals.
(1) The PICES is a non-profiting and non-governmental organ engaging in the cultural exchange with organizations and personages in countries and regions of the world.
(2) The PICES works with a relative independence under the jurisdiction of the DPRK.
2. Organizational System of PICES
1) General Meeting
- The supreme guiding organ of the PICES is the general meeting.
- The general meeting is convened once a year in principle, but more when needed.
- The general meeting sums up the results of the annual work of the PICES and the execution of its budget and deliberatesand endorses its budget of the new year.
- The general meeting elects the members of the guiding organ and appoints or dismisses the secretary general.
- The general meeting revises and complements the statute.
The Headquarters of the PICES is seated in Pyongyang, DPRK.
The HQs executes the resolutions of the general meeting and submits the results of its work to the general meeting.
The HQs consists of the president, vice-president and secretariat.
(1) President and Vice-President
- President is elected in the general meeting and responsible for the overall work of the PICES in the capacity of the corporate representative.
- Vice-President assists the work of the president and acts for the president during his absence.
The secretariat is in charge of the routine work of the PICES.
It consists of the secretary general, deputy secretary general and secretary. It guides departments under its control and keeps the president and vice-president informed of its work on a regular basis.
It has under its control the departments of organizing and planning, foreign cooperation, information and finance.
All is eligible for membership, who approves and hopes to join it.
The membership of the PICES is obliged to keep fully to the requirements stipulated in the statute.
4. Mission of Activities of the PICES
1) The PICES assists the foreigners’ activities of writing and publishing various works introducing the politics, the economy, history and culture of the DPRK.
2) The PICES encourages to organizes and execute at home and abroad an exhibition or fair of the books, photographs, works of art, embroidery and other creations of culture in order to strengthen the mutual cultural relations with various counties of the world.
3) The PICES draws up and executes the plan for supporting the potential projects for the cultural development of education, health, sports and so on.
4) The PICES promotes the exchange and cooperation among the cultural centres such as museums, exhibitions and libraries, and encourages and promotes the reciprocal exchange of delegations.
5) The PICES has a special interest in the exchange of men of culture including writers, artistes and professors, and actively supports to bring it into reality.
6) The PICES develops the exchange and cooperation of cultural information of varied types through internet and launches various activities of publicity through it.
7) The PICES welcomes the personages of all circles hoping to visit the DPRK with an idea of independence, peace and friendship and helps them in possible extent.
1) The PICES is financed with the revenue from the state subsidy, individual or collective donations, advisory service and low-profit social activities.
2) The PICES accepts the donations seeking after a specific aim pursuant to the principles of activities and the range of the PICES, and the revenue from the low-profit social activities is not accumulated in the form of the capital, but entirely channeled into the non-profitable social activities of the PICES.
3) The PICES is put on the regular audit of the appropriate supervisory institution.